Thursday, June 12, 2014

Act II.1 - "When You were our Man"

"When You Were Our Man" (c) Jim Guinn 2012
(in the style of "When I Was Your Man" Bruno Mars) 

Same government but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Rush on the radio, but he don't sound the same
When my friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It all just sounds like oooooh…
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That you should have been wielding Presidential powers
Ann holding your hand
I should have given you all my hours
Instead of campaigning Libertarian
I shouldn't have voted third party
But I was in a Libertarian trance
Now my country's trancing
But it's trancing with another man

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good solid Conservative like you to lose the race
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, ohh…
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

It all just sounds like oooooh…
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That you should have been wielding Presidential powers ...

Although it hurts
I'll be the first to say that I was wrong
Oh, I know I'm actually much too late
To try and rectify my mistakes
But I just want you to know

I hope he loses his powers
I hope he overplays his hand
On vacation all his hours
And at every chance
A member of the Communist party
Cause I see how those innocent people are under his trance
I wish I did all the things I should have done

When you were our man
Did all the things I should have done
When you were our man

================

Intro/Interlude Segments
(because even tragic epics need a montage):

"Mitt Sings at CPAC"

You don't remember me, but I remember you
't was not so long ago, i broke your heart in two
Tears on your pillow, pain in your heart, i caused you, you

If we could start anew, I wouldn't hesitate
Would you take me back, and tempt the hand of fate
Tears on your pillow, pain in your heart, I caused you

Politics is a financial instrument, in a secret bank account 
You may find yourself in a predicament, 
Even if you intentionally miscount

If we could start anew, I wouldn't hesitate
Would you take me back, and tempt the hands of fate
Tears on your pillow, pain in your heart, i caused you, you
Oh wo wo wo you you
FADE: wo oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

"By the Time I Get To 270"

By the time I get to 100
she'll be lying
The real notes she'll let fall to the floor
She'll laugh when she reads the part that says I'm leading
Though I've proved that girl wrong so many times before

By the time I get to 200 she'll be smirking
She'll chat with Sarah Palin and give Rove a call
But she'll just hear that phone keep on ringing
Karl tore it off the wall, that's all

By the time I get to 270 the California polls have yet to close
Her voice will will crack as she tries to announce it
As she realizes she's never seen past her nose
But by tomorrow morning she'll have regained her glow
Because she knows she can blame it all on Mitt


No comments:

Post a Comment